Benefits Online Claim

You can now apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction on-line and keep track of your application once you have registered for ‘MyAccount’.

Before you complete your application you may need some or all of the following documents:

• DWP / HMRC / Pension Service Award Letters
• Wage Slips (If you are in employment)
• Bank / Building Society Statements (If Applicable)
• Copies of any Private Pensions
• Tenancy Agreement / Rent Book (If Applicable)

In most cases, once you have these documents to hand you can scan or take a photo of them and upload them to your application. You can also do this if you have the relevant documents in electronic format.

Please answer all the questions that apply to you as the form will be specific to you dependent upon the answers you provide. This includes the documents and evidence you will be asked to upload.

You can save your application at any point and return to it later. Just click save and enter your email address when prompted

Once you have completed the application and provided the documents we require, we will verify your application and contact you again to tell you if you are eligible for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and how much you may receive.

Next > Save & Exit
  • Sections
  • General
  • My Claim
  • My Household
  • About Me
  • My Contact Details
  • My Previous Details
  • My Circumstances
  • My Disabilities
  • My Home - Where I live
  • My Home - My Property Details
  • Backdating/Other Information
  • My Declaration
  • My Evidence